From the Pol Brennan Support Group (information [at] polbrennan.com)
Irish political refugee Pol Brennan needs our help and support he is still held in isolation in a Los Fresno’s jail in Texas. Pol should be returned home to his family and his job and be allowed to live his life in peace, without the shadow of further political actions.
He has been refused bail the judge stating that “Pol was a flight risk and a danger to the community”. These are bogus claims Pol had been out on bail for years in the Bay Area while fighting extradition for political actions in the Federal Courts and twice during that time voluntarily returned himself to custody when ordered to do so our thoughts and prayers go out to Pol and Joanna and their family.
Pol’s employer said about Pol, “He lives here. He works here. He’s got his life here. He’s married here,” said Hansen “He’s become part of this area. And it would be a crying shame to see him leave when he doesn’t want to. He said that any U.S. deportation of Brennan would be a “terrible thing.”
Pol and his family are residents of Oakland California were they have lived openly until this bureaucratic mix-up. Pol has been incarcerated since mid January and unable to work. All money raised through the Web Site will go toward the horrendous financial burden which is building each day, every little bit helps, it will let Pol and his family know that we are behind them in this arduous fight for justice and decency and perhaps we can be a small light of comfort in what for them must be a very dark time.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help spread the word about Pol and his fight by:
* Writing to your elected representatives asking them to stop the targeting of former Irish political activists who have found new lives here in the US and pose no threat to anyone. Informing your elected officials how you feel about Pol’s case is your right as a U.S. citizen. Visit our web site for information on how to contact US House and Senate members
* Speaking to your friends and colleagues.
* Writing letters about Pol’s deportation fight to your local, regional, and national newspapers and magazines whenever a story or editorial presents an opportunity.
* We are asking anyone who belongs to an Irish organization to bring Pol’s case to the attention of their group to ask that group to support Pol both monetarily if possible and by passing the case up to the senior levels of their group to help us bring some political pressure to end the nightmare of deportation.
* Telling candidates and office holders their support for Pol and his family is important to you.
* Remembering to include our Web Site https://www.polbrennan.com when you communicate with others.